Nayeli Corona-Zitney, LCSW, PMH-C
Certified in EMDR therapy and Perinatal Mental Health LCSW69624
I’d like to share with you a little bit about myself. I am a Psychotherapist certified in EMDR and Perinatal Mental Health. I have worked in this field for the last 14 years. I specialize in treatment of Trauma and Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
My therapeutic approach incorporates a fusion of evidenced-based modalities such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which is a comprehensive psychotherapy that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. I also incorporate Somatic informed Therapy, Parts Work Therapy informed by Internal Family Systems (IFS), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills, Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Narrative Therapy. I am bilingual and speak both English and Spanish.
I love working with clients who are curious and open to change as they explore parts of themselves that seek growth and healing to improve the quality of their lives. I work together with my clients to treat trauma including symptoms of depression, anxiety, intrusive thoughts, and management of highly sensitive traits.
My goal is to support my clients through trauma healing and new mothers and parents through the transition into parenthood. In addition, to my individual psychotherapy work with clients, I also facilitate a free virtual pregnancy and postpartum support group that is available to pregnant women and new mothers in Southern California. I have trained and presented on the topic of Perinatal Mental Health. In my presentations my goal and hope has been to amplify awareness of trauma, specifically ways in which trauma can impact a mother’s experience in parenthood.
When I am not in the office, I love exploring the outdoors with my family; this is highpoint for me every time. I love exploring new places, running and hiking, tea, coffee, podcasts and books. I am intentional about my personal and professional growth and continue to deepen my own personal professional expertise.
EMDR & Parts Work for Treating Complex Trauma: Somatic Techniques to Decrease Defensiveness and Facilitate Trauma Processing by Arielle Schwartz, PhD, CCT-II, E-RYT
- Healing the Wounds of Attachment and Rebuilding Self with Deany Laliotis, LICSW
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate 60 hr Program by The Embody Lab with Nkem Ndefo, Dr, Arielle Schartz, Dr. Scott Lyons
- Treating Dissociative Disorders with EMDR: The Progressive Approach by Dolores Mosquera
- The Mothercentric™ Approach Training is the only perinatal mental health training informed by Internal Family Systems.
- Working with Childhood Sexual Trauma with Cristina Mardirossian, LMFT
- Working With Dissociative Identity Disorder Parts 1 & 2 with Cristina Mardirossian, LMFT
- Understanding Character Styles with Lynne Jacobs, PhD, a Gestalt therapist, and psychoanalyst.
- NICU Parenting: A practitioner’s Guide to Working with Families in the NICU and Beyond with Mara Tesler Stein PsyD and Deborah Davis PhD.
- Sex and Perinatal Mental Health by Maternal Mental Health Now
- Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training with PSI and 2020momproject.
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Postpartum Support International (PSI)
You can follow me on Instagram at nayeli_lcsw
On social media I share knowledge pertinent to trauma healing and perinatal mental health. I frequently share information of upcoming dates for the free pregnancy and postpartum support group I facilitate, and share information of things that can foster mental well-being.
Getting Started With Me
I know from personal and professional experience that psychotherapy has the power to truly change lives. It’s important to find the right therapist for you and your needs. I encourage you to reach out to me for a free 15-minute phone consultation. During this consultation, you can get to know a little more about me and how I work, and together we can discuss the challenges you are facing as well as your goals for making meaningful changes to your life.
Nayeli Corona-Zitney LCSW, PMH-C
Feel free to reach out to me on any social media outlets